Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NEW FOCUS

So no Sunday madness for the last 2 weeks as the gang have been scattered across the globe,
as I have been training clients in the gym I decided to do some old fashioned heavy compound work focusing on the lower body,




Deadlifts, Squats, goblet squats, Lunges, Weighted dips, and Chins, 3 whole body workouts a week, my recovery and stamina have been great thanks to the Sunday workouts,
I have been super setting my leg work to add intensity so for example deadlifts with as much weight as I can handle for 5 sets of 8 reps 250lb with good form to hit the rear chain then 100lb goblet squats to shift the focus more towards the quads.




The monster legs of legendary bodybuilder Tom (the golden eagle) Platz genetically gifted and chemically enhanced.




                              Tom Platz hamstrings and calf's




         Tom Platz with fellow bodybuilding legend Lou Ferrigno 


I like many people have always struggled with leg training, gaining mass on my legs seemed impossible, hence in all our photos I'm the only guy in long pants! mind you I worked as a postman for 18 years so walking for 3 hours a day 6 days a week carrying 25kg bags up and down stairs and pushing trolly's up to 100kg up and down hills can hamper your efforts when trying to bulk up
then hitting the gym for an hour forget it! but great for endurance.
Also calf's the bane of my existence!  notoriously difficult to grow if you are not genetically blessed even Arnie suffered from this in his early days but sheer determination and volume (and a little chemical enhancement) 
sorted his right out.




                                      Not too shabby Arnie!





Only I find calf training so boring! second only to ab training, which also is another area for me to shift my focus,
When I was younger and considerably leaner yeah I loved training abs cause that's pretty much all I had
now I'm 41 I am not really into parading around with out my shirt on! but hey if I get a six pack in my forties look out downtown KL you may just see a crazy white dude parading around with no shirt on HA! HA! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment