Saturday, May 28, 2011

YOUR TICKET TO THE GUN SHOW

Big guns!
Regardless of what any guy in the gym tells you everyone of them loves training arms, lets be honest now
who doesn't love that feeling when your arms are so full of blood that you think the skin is going to split if you flex em!



The beloved bicep enter any commercial gym and witness the guys who do one set of leg presses (if that)
and fifteen different exercises for their biceps, which all have exactly the same movement pattern!


The only thing is I see so many guys doing multiple sets of arm curls and Tricep extensions and the dreaded dumbell kickback! week after week with little or no gains to show for it,
In my own personal experience the best results in arm growth came when I concentrated on heavy pulls and pushes, then finish off with a single exercise for each Bicep/Tricep,
I still get a kick out of seeing guys faces when you tell them "if you want big arms work your triceps"
the Tricep takes up two thirds of the upper arm! so if you want to fill out your shirt sleeves those concentration curls ain't gonna do it mate!



There is something truly magical about a well developed horseshoe 
shaped Tricep!



                                          See what I mean


I know I keep on about Tricep kickbacks but I just truly hate them with a passion, and how any rational person with any exercise knowledge thinks they can build their Tricep by doing these is beyond me, I mean look at the mechanics of the movement how much weight can you really lift like that with good form?
and the guys that do these regularly are never anywhere near the dip station!
if you want a bigger upper body go to that chin and dip station and don't walk away from it till your workout is over!
One of my own personal favorite pushing exercises are medicine ball push ups, same as a traditional push up but with both hands on a med ball, after a few sets of these my Triceps swell like they are having some kind of allergic reaction, and they obviously hit the pectorals front deltoids and if your going for reps will tax your core to boot! now thats what I'm talking about bang for your buck baby!


Do this for four to six weeks forget about fly's, incline's, decline's and all the angles and variations just concentrate on pulling and pushing vertical and horizontal period!
you will be doing some good old honest to goodness multi joint compound movements that will pay off big time and I assure you your arms will love you for it!
eat well rest well and GROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment